Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Finally...actually in Seoul!

Hi! After checking out Bob's blog, I've realize how woefully behind I am in reporting.

So I arrived in Seoul last Friday and was picked up from the airport by my Tae Kwon Do master's sister. They were very nice and made a lot of food. Interestingly enough, they spoke no English, and while I was sitting on the couch, the grandmother poked me every so often to ask me a question in Korean.

I finally then moved into Shereville Living-tel, where I managed to almost immediately accidentally turn the shower onto myself (fully clothed) when trying to wash my hands. =)

We started classes on Monday and since I was placed into level 2, the classes are actually not that bad. Most of the people are Japanese, interestingly enough, and I ran into one German and one other American. I'm also very surprised to have met a Iraqi person - actually coming from Iraq!

But aside from that, we've been touring and checking out parts of Seoul, where I've been madly snapping away like a stereotypical American tourist.

No comments:

Post a Comment