Sunday, June 7, 2009

Namdaemun Market


Hi everyone! So last Wednesday Bob and I disappeared into the depths of Namdaemun market and didn't emerge again for many hours. Among the things we witnessed are this crossdressing middle aged man (see above).
We also managed to haggle with ajumas who have us pretty good discounts. I managed to get 3000 won off certain clothes/t-shirts, etc. Of course, I feel that towards the end of this haggling process, I was given a discount out of pity more than anything else.
Bob and I followed up our adventures during the day with a visit to Itaewon at night to experience the nightlife in the area...Somehow, however, we ended up trudgin up hooker hill (yes, it is indeed what you think it is). I didn't actually realize where I was until we were halfway up the hill; initially I was merely surprised by the increasing number of women milling about. Oh, silly me...


No comments:

Post a Comment